Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I'm still having fun!!!!!!

Well thought it was time to update some of the projects that I have been working on in the last month or so. I haven't been posting as I should have been, other matters have taken my attention so I'm going to make up for lost time in one post. So glad the month of March is behind us and April Showers will be bringing the May flowers.

 

I have put together some more runners to have on hand for gifts and showers. These were just make up with some scraps, left over from some of the kits that I had gotten from Connecting Threads. Just love shopping there!



We had a Sew-in day at my house with our evening Stitch and Gossip gathering and it was also International Quilting Day so was just fitting that we sew! We all did the same pattern either in a pillow or a runner.  Everyone had a great day! Here are some of the pictures for our day.

                               Marjorie and Judy placing the pieces just right

                                         Marla working so seriously......................

                    
                           Rose enjoying the sun and sewing up a
                                storm or I should say a pillow

                                         Judy's  creative runner...........

                               Marjorie appliquing her creation......................

Here is my creations for the fun day with the girls. We had lots of laughs and will be sharing this day for a long time!




On our weekly afternoon get together with Marjorie and Marla  did some new adventures in the sewing world.




This picture was done with  flannel and some fun appliqueing. It was fun to do and was a great project to do in the afternoons. Christmas gift or not, a decision to make later. See the theme here we were trying our best to bring spring sooner!




                                         
 We also did the the New York Roundabout Again, pattern by Sew Karen-Ly Created. Drop by Karen's site and enjoy all her creations. Maybe even order a pattern or two! I so glad that I tried the challenge and will be trying some more of these patterns. The fabric was purchased at one of my favorite fabric stores in Amherst N.S at Dayle's. Just some free motion quilting and binding to complete. I'm keeping this one for myself!


Well another busy month or so has gone by so lets wait and see what I can created for my next posting. The only problem the nice weather and all this fresh air will be competing with the sewing room.

Till next time
Keep Smiling and Keep Creating!




4 comments:

  1. Very nice Connie....you made you look not so bad either.....hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't remember you taking pictures. I do look a little serious. Nice pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job on your Roundabout Again, Connie. Can't wait to see it quilted!

    ReplyDelete

Let the fun being!